According to a statement issued by the Romanian Ministry of Defence, from 14 to 16 September 2012 in Sibiu (Romania) – Hotel Hilton will be held the reunion of NATO Military Committee in defense chiefs format (from all the 28 country members of NATO). They will discuss about NATO operations ongoing and key issues on the agenda of the Organization.
This is the first meeting of defense chiefs in this format, after the NATO summit in Chicago, the first taking place in Romania.
The Sibiu Conference will be hosted by Chairman of the NATO Military General Knud Bartels, among participants being Admiral James Stavridis, Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR), General Stéphane Abrial, Supreme Allied Command current commander Transformation (SACT) and General Jean-Paul Paloméros, the future commander of SACT. Also in Sibiu will be General John Allen, commander of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), which will present the audience the latest information about Alliance Mission in Afghanistan theater operations.
Special guests of the president of the Ambassador to NATO Military Committee are Stephen Evans, NATO Assistant Secretary General for Operations, and Lieutenant General Arne Bard Dalhaug, commander of the NATO Defense College in Rome.
The conference will focus on the general security environment challenges and the ongoing Allied operations in Afghanistan and the Western Balkans. Discussions will also focus on NATO’s transformation stages and structure revision of the International Military Staff (IMS), which is the executive part of the Military Committee. The conference will conclude with the election of the new CEO of IMS.
On the sidelines of the conference, Lieutenant General Stefan Danila, chief of Romanian Army, hosted the meeting, will have bilateral meetings with counterparts from other countries, where they will be focused on the participation of our country in theaters missions under the NATO mandate, the Romanian Army transformation and ways of strengthening bilateral military cooperation.
- 92,457 visitors
- NATO and Global Policy in Rambo Style
- Deveselu missile shield – East and West; PR & Business
- Глобальная трансформация макрорегиона
- Russia wants to preserve the status quo of Moldova Republic and Transdniestria
- Panama Papers: the ‘biggest leak in history’ on corruption
- France, Qatar completed deal – US $7.5 billion for 24 Dassault Rafale
- General Igor Korobov is the new chief of GRU
- Hungary intends to spend half billion $ to buy 30 Russian Choppers
- Romania’s Prime Minister Resigns. But on the streets the protests go on !
- Российский военный эксперт Евгений Крутиков: ”Армия США еще с первой Войны в Заливе привыкла «воевать в прямом эфире» и Минобороны России не имеет пока достаточного опыта в этом смысле”
- В случае военного конфликта, первые цели это базы НАТО соседи с Россией
- Russia will hold about 4,000 various combat training missions in 2015
- Ukraine conflict – the main issue on the 21st OSCE Ministerial Council agenda
- After Dutch 122,5 t gold repatriation, will next a global run on gold ?
- «Endeavor to change regime in Russia – nearly official explanation for sanctions»